Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THIS CALF SENSOR?
The special feature of the Calf Monitoring System is that the sensor is mounted on the front of the calf hutch, thus being non-invasive (not on the animal), which on the one hand gives the best measurement data and on the other hand can remain mounted for all other calves to be monitored. Much less work is required. In addition, the latest algorithm technologies are used to provide the most accurate early warnings possible. The components are high quality for the highest possible accuracy and durability and the system is manufactured in Germany.
2. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE FIRST FORECAST?
The first early warning is communicated within 24 hours of the calf’s registration.
3. HOW LONG DOES A SENSOR LAST? WHAT IS THE SERVICE LIFE?
The expected lifetime of a sensor on a farm is 4 – 6 years.
4. how up-to-date are the forecasts in the app?
There are hourly updated early warnings, i.e. an early warning can be based on sensor data that is min. 1 minute to max. 61 minutes old.
5. does the calf sensor also work for double housing (2 calves in one box) or for group housing?
No, due to the measuring principle, only one calf in individual housing in an igloo or box can be monitored. Several animals monitored simultaneously by one sensor leads to unassignable data.
6. for which platforms is the app supported?
7. can the calf sensor also be used for other animals?
No, the Calf Monitoring System was developed specifically for calf diseases in single housing and the algorithm was trained specifically for this. Application to other animals in other housing types will not provide accurate results.
8. where is my data stored? Do third parties get access to my data?
The data is stored encrypted on specially protected servers within Germany. Third parties do not get access to your data.